Home / Intro / Campaign / Lyrics and Covers / Fanzines / Singles / Live CDs / Animations / Videos / FAQ / Interviews / Guitar Chords / Book / Articles / Photos / Screen Savers / Links / Internet Resources / Trades / Special Sale / News / Sitemap
October 7th 2013
Great news! A new album by the Sprouts: "Crimson Red". Let's prove that the real fans will support Paddy's efforts in spite of the leaking of the album a few months back. Let's support the band and buy this CD!
March 28th, 2013
The Prefab Sprout Project has a second chance after the first one didn't reach the proposed goal. Support this initiative for an amount higher than specified and maybe we can hire Neil Conti to play with the other musicians in the project. Good Luck!
April 24th, 2012
The Prefab Sprout Project has a second opportunity to reach to reach their goal. Support this initiative for a bit more than proposed and maybe they can hire Neil Conti to play with these musicians. Good luck!
April 24th, 2012
There is a unique initiative by a group of fans (and musicians) that are creating original songs inspired by the moving songs of the PS, simply called: "The Prefab Sprout Project". Visit their site and listen to a couple of songs that is going to be a part of a Kickstarter campaign very soon. And if you click on "more" you will find the great material written and compiled by John Birch. Kudos!
February 9th, 2011
A new chord transcription: "Never Trust a Spell" thanks to Martin Grieben.
December 3rd, 2009
There is a link to an exclusive interview by Ultrasónica to Paddy McAloon in Spanish. Many questions we always wanted to do! Excellent job. The article is called Prefab Sprout, el último de los románticos (Prefab Sprout, the last of the romantics). They also included a review of the band's career and the liner notes translated into Spanish.
September 19th, 2009
The new Prefab Sprout record has finally been released on the 7th: Let's Change the World with Music! We have the lyrics, and very soon the translations into Spanish. It is a great record, so kudos!
July 4th, 2009
We finally have an official confirmation for the release of the newest Prefab Sprout record: Let's Change the World with Music! The release will be available by September 7th. We have track listing and cover so far.
May 19th, 2009
Thanks to Nick Buchanan for providing the chords for Bonny as heard from the recording from Steve McQueen/Two Wheels Good. Thank you very much!
February 2nd, 2009
Thanks to Steve Bennett for providing the chords for Cornfield Ablaze from Gunman and the acoustic and a corrected version of Moving the River from Steve McQueen/Two Wheels Good. Thank you very much!
July 8th, 2008
Thanks to John Green for providing the chords for the acoustic version of Appetite from Steve McQueen/Two Wheels Good. Thank you very much!
July 1st, 2008
It is great to welcome a new page devoted to the talent of Paddy McAloon and Prefab Sprout. I'm talking about Tin Can Pot, a blog devoted to introduce B-sides and cover versions of the group. Also it is interesting to hear that Paddy, Martin, Dolby and a studio engineer has met recently. We hope that means this means a group reunion or a new project, let's hope so.
April 11th, 2008
- Added a new section: Animations. It contains short animations made in Flash 8. Nothing spectacular, and I hope to do it better as I learn more of this application.
- I have upgraded the bandwidth for this website, so that should get rid of the denial of access problem that happens at the end of each month. Let's hope so!
March 4th, 2008
Richard Ormerod, a Sprout fan, has come up with this idea for a campaign to get Paddy McAloon awarded the Honorary Freedom of the City of Durham. A suggested text and more info is placed in our new section: Campaign.
February 21th, 2008
Neil Conti is selling one of his drumkits on eBay. This is one of the used on the 1990 European Tour of Jordan, as well as many tracks from Langley Park, Jordan and on all the Stephen Lipson such as If You Don't Love Me, Sound of Crying etc. You can also hear it on the Medusa album by Annie Lennox among others.
April 7th, 2007
On April 2th, it was the official release date of the Remastered and Expanded 2CD edition of Steve McQueen with second disc with acoustic versions of 8 of his songs of this CD. Congratulations! Any release by Paddy or any of the members is great news for all the fans!
August 22th, 2006
- Check our section on Fanzines, with more transcriptions of the Rollmo! fanzine.
August 18th, 2006
- New section: Videos with information on official and unofficial releases. Also, congratulations on a new site about the Sprouts: Sproutnet, with a forum!
December 20th, 2005
- Best wishes for these holidays. Let's enjoy the Christmas in company of family and friends. And let's hope this new year comes with new projects of the McAloon brothers or at least a reopening of the official site.
May 15th, 2005
- Extracts from the Rollmo! fanzine, issues 01 and 12. And thanks to Miguel Almenara Marquez for sending the chords for The Gunman so we can share it to all Sprout fans. If you have more chords please send them.
March 5th, 2005
- There are 3 more entries to the Live CDs and with some reviews/comments too. You can send yours too! Also, Leonard's Lair Site has reviewed some Sprout CDs and a Live CD.
- I have expanded the header menu so you can have access to more sections of the site. I have added the Singles section which leads to the Singles Covers Gallery for each of the full-length cds, so you can see some of the covers of the singles. A page about the Book on the Sprouts including the Foreword, so you have an idea of what's inside. Another new section is Fanzines, where they will be some excerpts from fanzines such as Rollmo! Check it now, there are few already. And I will placing the "A Life of Surprises" logo on all the pages in this site, because, in case you haven't noticed, that is how this website is called !
September 30th, 2004
- More news from John Birch ! Besides his book, he is also selling some cds left from his fanzines and a lot of memorabilia from the Sprouts. The lists are placed in two pages: Book and CDs and Memorabilia for Sale. If you are interested contact him at the email address below but don't wait too long because 'first come, first served'.
September 20th, 2004
- John Birch, the famous Prefab fan who created and developed the fanzines and the only book about our beloved group, has informed me that he still have some copies of the book left. So if you want to get them, this is your last chance ! Don't wait too long ! You can contact him at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
April 7th, 2004
- Check the new section: FAQ. I hope this serves as an introduction to those who are just beginning to hear about the wonderful melodies and acute lyrics of the group. There might be some corrections to be made, if that is the case, please let me know.
- There is new section on the website. Guitar Chords ! Yes, there are several guitar chords from former website from Marshall Boswell, who has sent them to me to place them in this website. Thank you Marshall. If you have more guitar chords, mostly from the last recordings, please send them to me !
- Added Trading List area. You can post your list there too, just send me a e-mail with the message to be posted. Also added track listings for Copenhaguen and Edinburgh Concerts. If you have more track listings or covers please send them to me !
- Added the lyrics of I Trawl the Megahertz and the liner notes.
- Added the lyrics of The End of the Affair and The Guest who Stayed Forever, thanks to the transcription by Miguel Saavedra.
- Added a section for Live Recordings and CD Fanzines, and some information gathered from the official site about the new project of Paddy McAloon: I Trawl the Megahertz.
Relaunch of this website in another server. Some changes in the design. All links have been updated. Sounds area have been removed. Change in the font types and sizes. Interiews and info about their latest CD: 'Gunman and other stories' have been added.